Modafinil is a medication that induces wakefulness by influencing the central nervous system. Indeed, it is an FDA-approved medication for treating diverse medical ailments like shift work disorder, obsessive sleep apnea, and narcolepsy.
Secondary medical uses
- One of Provigil’s prominent off-label medical uses lies in its potential to treat ADHD, and that’s the prime reason for increasing number of people buying this pill.
- It is the most sought after pill amongst the students and working professionals as it boosts up their cognition skills.
- It offers some effective relief from neurological fatigue that is caused in individuals affected of multiple sclerosis.
- Currently, research is underway to identify the efficiency of modafinil in treating depersonalization disorder which is characterized by hypersomnia and attention impairments.
- There is substantial medical evidence to prove that the drug also possesses the characteristics to reduce the appetite levels too.
How to take the drug?
- Modafinil should be taken an hour prior to the commencement of shift.
- For narcolepsy treatment, take one pill of modafinil every day morning and for treating sleep disorders related to work-time.
- The recommended duration of the course of therapy for Provigil should not extend beyond 12 weeks. However, to increase the duration of the course of therapy, you can consult the team of online medical experts attached to that particular online
Dosage recommendation and instructions
As per the dosage recommendations are given of FDA, the prescribed dose for treating medical ailments is Modafinil 200 mg. Patients can buy the same dose for shift work disorder condition too. People with obstructive sleep apnea and narcolepsy medical conditions should take Provigil during the morning time. Don’t divide the dose at any cost. It is well known for its tolerance level.
How modafinil treats ADHD?
Modafinil’s wakefulness inducing characteristics emerge out of its ability to control the activity that happens in the dopamine transporter. By elevating the hypothalamic histamine levels, it achieves its foremost objective of inducing wakefulness considerably. When the actions in dopamine transporter are controlled the synaptic concentrations associated with dopamine transporter is further enriched thus enabling a person to stay awake. Also, through clinical trials, the efficacy of the drug in containing ADHD symptoms is further justified. ADHD affected individuals who took the medication experienced better relief from the symptoms and where able to stay attentive. Those taking care of ADHD affected people can procure modafinil and make the affected individuals consume the pill through which they can identify the relief proportion attained through it. Based on which an increase in dosage strength can be ascertained.
How modafinil treats narcolepsy?
Depletion in the levels of dopamine transporter forbids a person from staying awake. Perhaps, it is considered to be a well-established fact supported by proper medical evidence. The first priority for modafinil in treating narcolepsy is to increase the levels of dopamine. It is surprising to find that the medication also acts on the Orexins. Orexins are nothing but neuropeptides found in different regions of the brain that induces wakefulness in human beings. Indeed, these hypocretins are also found in the hypothalamus region of the brain. When these neurons are triggered to perform it stimulates an increase in the levels of dopamine and norepinephrine. Upon ensuring stability in the levels of the dopamine transporter, an individual is empowered with an ability to stay awake during the daytime and normalcy in sleep pattern is restored. There are two Orexin receptors in the body identified as number one and two that are responsible for stimulating the histamine levels contained in the brain.
What are the side effects?
Whilst taking modafinil, you might experience side effects in your body like
- Upset stomach
- Stuffy nose
- Sleeping difficulty and
If there are severe allergic reactions like
- Trouble breathing
- Chest congestion
- Swelling of the mouth, lips, face, throat, fever chills, sore throat.
If you face these symptoms then stops taking modafinil immediately. Some people encounter mental changes and changes in their mood like
- Pain in muscles or joints
- Swelling of the hands, feet or ankles
Heart ailments like
- Uneven heartbeats,
- Chest pain, and
- Shortness of breath
These are the certain other side effects experienced by some people when taking this drug
What are the precautions to be kept in mind before taking the drug?
- Individuals who experience allergic reactions or develop skin rashes on and off should not take the pill.
- The medication in some individuals causes skin rashes which are hard to contain. It is advised to stay cautious while using modafinil for the first time.
- People who develop sores in the mouth, blisters in skin, swelling in legs, and yellowing of eyes at very first instance of taking Provigil should not proceed ahead with the course of therapy.
Where to buy real modafinil without a prescription?
Modafinil can be purchased without a prescription from any online pharmacy. Online drug stores provide the opportunity of availing meds like modafinil without a prescription by providing an online prescription. Customers will have to look for online pharmacies having a panel of online consultants who can issue an online prescription for the drug. The prescription is issued by the consultants upon verifying the patient’s past medical records, present health status and severity of the condition. With the prescription, patients can order for the required quantity and treat their ailment effectively.