Ativan, also known as Lorazepam by its common name is highly helpful for individuals who encounter panic attacks and anxiety often in their daily life. It comes under the drug class called Benzodiazepines. It is prescribed by many doctors as it will lend a hand to those who are prone to excessive anxiety and panic attacks. Ativan seems to be the vital player for the individuals who have social anxiety as it eradicates anxiety and helps them be more social.
How does Ativan work in the brain?
The primary role of Ativan is that it helps to calm the unbalanced cells in the brain that causes anxiety. If not treated at the initial stages, anxiety will cause panic attacks in many situations. It works as an immediate relief to anxiety as it starts to work in 5 minutes. This medication comes in handy whenever an individual is having a panic attack or have a symptom that he/she might have a panic attack soon. It is also considered as immediate relief for anxiety due to the speed it works and the way it keeps the mind calm and relaxed. But make sure that you are not using alcohol if you are consuming this medication, as it might increase the effects of alcohol. This drug can be used while you are at work or traveling too.
Why take Ativan?
Ativan helps the individual to have a prolonged relief from anxiety and depression as it makes the brain cells to be calm, relaxed & focused for almost 6-8 hours. It will not have a fuzzy feeling that many have on other drugs. The withdrawal period will also be lesser when compared to other drugs. On the course of withdrawal, make sure that you follow the prescription by the doctor. As many doctors would insist on reducing the intake of Ativan day by day instead of stopping it suddenly.
Many individuals with anxiety problems will experience an inability to sleep. Prescribed intake of the drug will be benevolent to sleeping issues too. Once when the sleeplessness is regulated, the factors that trigger panic attacks will reduce simultaneously.
Take Ativan for social anxiety disorder
Ativan is generally prescribed for individuals with social anxiety disorder condition. People suffering from social anxiety lack proper eye contact and interactions with others. They always have a fear of being negatively evaluated and adjudged. So they will avoid meeting people. Such kind of individual will feel better to be alone. So it obviously destroys the social life and it will turn out to be a social anxiety disorder or social phobia. Social anxiety mainly causes due to lack of social skills and not having more interactions with others. In this scenario with the help of Ativan which acts like a magic pill, makes life easier for individuals to overcome social anxiety and lead a normal and happy life.
What are the side effects?
Ativan medication triggers certain ill effects in the patients during the course of therapy. Some symptoms would be temporary and would fade away very easily whereas few symptoms would be severe hence need medical assistance. Below mentioned are few ill effects that can happen to a person who is taking this anti-anxiety medication.
Some of the common side effects of the drug are,
- Lack of co-ordination
- Slurred speech
- Feeling unsteady
- Lack of imbalance
Some of the uncommon side effects are:
- Suicidal thoughts
- Frequent change in behavior
- Sleep problems or disorders
- Restlessness or excitement
- Muscle weakness
- Trouble in swallowing
- Change in vision
What are the precautions to be followed while taking this drug?
- Know about the drugs that might interact with Ativan medication and avoid taking it.
- This anti-anxiety medication should be taken only for a shorter period of time as it could be habit forming hence you should be cautious during the course of therapy.
- Alcohol should not be consumed while taking the drug.
- Pregnant, as well as lactating women, should not take this anti-anxiety medication for the benefit of a baby.
- People who suffer from fatal health conditions need to tell about your condition to a doctor before taking Ativan.
- Do not increase the dosage strength of the drug at any point of time without getting medical advice.
What is the prescribed dosage different problems?
- Ativan tablets are available in the dosage strength of 0.5 mg, 1mg and 2 mg in the market.
- For people with anxiety disorder, a dose of 2 to 3 mg would be prescribed twice or thrice in a day.
- Those patients who suffer from insomnia caused by an anxiety disorder, a single Ativan tablet of 2 to 4 mg per day would be given at bedtime.
- Older patients can take lower doses of 1mg or 2 mg as it would be difficult for elderly people to tolerate the effects of this medication.
- It can be increased or decreased during the treatment period to get better effects with the help of a health care professional.
What happens when you miss a dose?
If you miss a dose, it is not needed to be worried as you can take the tablet as soon as you remember. But, you have to keep an important information in mind and that is missed dose should not be taken if it is close to the time of next pill.
Where can I buy real Ativan ?
There are many genuine Ativan online pharmacies that can be accessed to purchase the drug at an affordable price. In fact, at the most instance, the drug can be purchased without prescription too. Identifying legal online pharmacies would be the right choice at such junctures, as they sell the medication in the genuine formulation. To put it in simple words, these kinds of pharmacies offer a new lease of life to those people whose life has been shattered because of repeated instances of panic attacks.
It is pretty clear that Ativan functions in a better way and helps an individual to overcome his/her anxiety and panic attacks. It also enhances the social life too. It has been a life saver in many cases. The individuals who had this drug are having a much better life by saying goodbye to their Anxiety and panic attacks. People can also order Ativan from online pharmacy to get the maximum benefit of the pill.